Optima Bank & Trust, a locally owned, full-service bank with branches in Portsmouth, North Hampton, Stratham, Pease, Bedford and a loan office in Dover, is hiring a Credit Administration Specialist in our Portsmouth office.
We are an award-winning, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. At Optima Bank & Trust you’ll find a culture that promotes individual growth and teamwork while keeping focused on how to best serve our customers.
This position is responsible for the creation and maintenance of commercial client records, specifically financial documentation and covenants. The incumbent will also be responsible for requesting, collecting and the electronic filing of documentation and to maintain department databases which are utilized for loan portfolio reporting.
Client Financial and Credit Documentation
- Collect documentation and verify completeness - Review financial and legal documents to confirm submissions satisfy requirements and take additional steps, as necessary, to obtain in order to ensure completeness of files.
- Prepare documentation for scanning – Prepare financial documents and underwriting information, to be scanned and saved in the Bank’s electronic filing database (Synergy).
- QC of completed scanning – Conduct quality control audits in accordance with established guidelines. Take corrective steps for any items that aren’t accurately uploaded into the Synergy electronic filing database.
- Create and maintain procedures as relate to the process and maintenance of Sageworks - Loan Administration, with the assistance of the VP / Senior Credit Officer.
- Data input – set up / establish client contact data, financial statement ticklers and loan covenants.
- Work directly with lenders and analysts to record receipt of updating financial information in Sageworks – Loan Administration.
- Generate pending correspondence reports for distribution to lenders and then the actual correspondence to borrowers and guarantors.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior Credit Officer with the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting, as needed.
- Perform other Credit and Loan Department duties as necessary to meet customer and department workload requirements.
- Provide prompt, professional and courteous service to all clients, staff and vendors
- Meet or exceed established objectives and performance standards
- Remain abreast of, and ensure compliance with, the Bank’s BSA Program, which includes BSA, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), On-going activity monitoring, Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR), Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR).
- Successfully and promptly fulfill all associated periodic training requirements as established by the Bank.
Strong technical skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook and Excel)
Familiarity with the financial and legal documentation associated with the loan approval and maintenance process, is a plus.
Demonstrated success working independently, prioritizing work to meet deadlines and producing quality results with a keen attention to detail.
Requires the ability to maintain physical condition and stamina in conjunction with assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include sitting and standing for extended periods of time, operating office equipment and other duties as assigned. Driver’s license required.
Bachelor’s Degree in business or finance and/or equivalent work experience
Database management experience is a plus.
Optima Bank & Trust offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package including; health, dental, life, disability, 401k, paid time off, an employee assistance program and paid holidays.
We invite you to find out just how different employment can be when you work at Optima Bank & Trust.
Optima Bank & Trust does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, Veteran's status or national origin.