Optima Bank & Trust, a locally owned full service bank with branches in Portsmouth, North Hampton, Stratham, Pease and Bedford with a loan office in Dover is hiring a Desktop Support Specialist for its downtown Portsmouth location.
We are an award-winning, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. At Optima Bank & Trust you’ll find a culture that promotes individual growth and teamwork while keeping focused on how to best serve our customers.
Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and future planning needs of the Bank’s desktop environment. This includes but not limited to setting up and ongoing maintenance of desktop and laptop computers, printers, phone sets and applications. The Desktop Support Specialist will provide technical assistance to users and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Support users in all branches/location
- Perform installation and configuration of new computers, ensuring proper installation of operating systems and appropriate hardware and software applications
- Participate in new branch setup and equipment installations
- Assist with system and application upgrades
- Manage computer/equipment inventory list and warranties
- Maintain printers, toner and repairs
- Review security update and security reports
- Manage workstation and laptop security updates
- Respond to user inquiries via Help Desk, email or phone calls regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems and escalate to vendor if necessary.
- Set up new or remove users on network, core processing system and ancillary applications.
- Unlock user’s accounts and reset passwords.
- Provide rotating Saturday support for branches.
- Change deposit and time deposit rates on the core processing system, general website, and on-line application system on the effective date designated by the ALCO committee.
- Manage public website changes and updates.
- Perform semi-annual network users review.
- Maintain documentation, procedures, logs and forms.
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Windows7 and 10.
- Familiar with workstation and laptop hardware and operating system setup and configuration.
- Organized, detail-oriented, customer focused, good communication skills, able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Must be able to be flexible and adapt to changes in priorities and workflow.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems, networks and including hardware, software and Jack Henry applications are a plus.
- High quality standards to provide excellent customer service
- Compliance with FFIEC
- Telecommunications involving VPN and Internet.
Requires the ability to maintain physical condition and stamina in conjunction with assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include sitting and standing for extended periods of time, operating office equipment and other duties as assigned. Driver’s license required.
Knowledge of desktop operating systems, networks, servers, virtual environments and Microsoft Office applications is required. Certifications are a plus. Associate's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or work experience is desired.
Optima Bank & Trust offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package including; health, dental, life, disability, 401K matching program, paid time off, an employee assistance program and paid holidays.
We invite you to find out just how different employment can be when you work at Optima Bank & Trust.
Optima Bank & Trust does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, Veteran's status or national origin.