Optima Bank & Trust, a locally owned full service bank with branches in Portsmouth, North Hampton, Stratham, Pease and Bedford along with a loan office in Dover is hiring for a Vice President of of Marketing & Community Relations to join its team in Portsmouth, NH corporate offices.
The Vice President of Marketing & Community Relations is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets. Specific responsibilities include business and market development; market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising; creation of press releases, advertisements and sponsorship messaging, coordination with sales; and, directing the day-to-day marketing and community relations activities. Other competencies desired are the ability to write creatively, design meaningful advertising, conduct market research and be able to analyze results, develop positive public relation campaigns, motivate sales staff, have the ability to increase brand awareness, and be confident working with senior management.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Create and implement a strategic, multi-faceted communications program designed to build and strengthen the organization's role and reputation as a leader and authoritative voice in its field.
1. Serve as the lead marketing and communications officer of the Bank, providing support in the area of marketing strategy and management.
2. Develop a strategic marketing & communications plan to support the organization's mission, goals and objectives and manage to annual budget.
3. Provide leadership, direction and management of the market research and competitor analysis functions.
4. Develop, implement and manage external communications
a.Work with CEO and CAO to respond to public requests for information from, government agencies, businesses, advocacy groups and other associations.
b. Respond to media requests for information and facilitate media interviews with spokespeople, authors and others.
5. Develop, implement and manage internal communications
a. Prepare monthly summary reports for Executive Management and other Committees as needed.
b. Prepare quarterly reports for the Board of Directors
c. Work with CEO to create quarterly reports to shareholders.
d. Work with CEO and CAO on internal communications to employees in regard to Bank milestones, initiatives, employee events and other topics as deemed necessary.
e. Manage and maintain the Bank’s employee Intranet: Starburst. Create and manage editorial calendar and create new content on a monthly basis.
Devise program guidelines and policies, oversee implementation process, and provide quality control for marketing and advertising initiatives, media activities and special events.
1. Build and foster collaborative relationships with:
a. Other departments within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives, products and services.
b. Various publics of importance including media, members of the community, public affairs offices and other organizations.
c. Professional counterparts in other professional organizations, advocacy organizations and other community organizations through jointly-sponsored communication campaigns and programs.
2. Identify opportunities to support organizational initiatives and develop communications materials and programs to promote and publicize these activities.
3. Coordinate vendor relationships
a. Review, research, and update any annual news media, public relations, advertising or marketing policies and contracts.
b. Investigate vendor communications services and manage vendor relationships.
c. Oversee hiring and coordination of video crews as needed to cover various organization activities or in the production of television or radio commercials.
4. Oversee internet presence and social media
a. Provide updates to bank website.
b. Produce pictures to commemorate special events and post to social media websites as appropriate.
c. Monitor Bank’s reputation management systems.
5. Coordinate the organization's communications support of special events.
a. Internal events to include: Optima Anniversary Celebration, Summer Outing and Holiday Social.
b. External events to include all Optima-hosted events such as industry specific receptions, Chamber mixers etc.
6. Oversee planning of all pre-annual meeting communications activities. Specific responsibilities include establishing production timetable and overseeing production of annual report, reviewing press release materials, responding to media inquiries, overseeing distribution of materials to shareholders or media before, during and after the meeting.
7. Manage the Bank’s Community Relations and Sponsorships.
a. Review and respond to donation requests as they are received through mail and email.
b. Organize and manage the quarterly review process for allocating and distributing sponsorship dollars to requesting organizations through the Sponsorship Committee.
c. Meet with non-profit organizations to foster relationships and uncover potential partnerships or sponsorship opportunities.
d. Maintain a filing system to record all CRA activity including overview of each organization, sponsorship benefits and thank you letters.
e. Review and respond to requests for sale of Tax Credits.
f. Provide quarterly summaries to the CRA Committee outlining all community involvement. Collect, track and summarize volunteer activity of all Bank employees.
g. Act as the liaison to all Chambers of Commerce, managing memberships, marketing and sponsorship opportunities. Provide Business Development Team with opportunities to get involved in their respective Chambers of Commerce through events, Board and committee work.
Oversee day to day operations of marketing
1. Create and manage public relations database, update records, utilize measurement/tracking.
2. Establish and oversee departmental system for maintaining and archiving press clippings and advertising. Oversee day-to-day operations of specific year-round communications programs.
3. Maintain a basic understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act and USA Patriot Act through completion of periodic training as required by the Bank.
4. Prepare expense reports and check requests, as required.
5. Other duties as requested.
- This position requires high quality standards, sound judgment and good problem solving skills to mitigate risk.
- Communication skills must be exemplary to allow for effective written and verbal communications.
- Strong information management skills are needed for ensuring all tasks are properly prioritized and tracked through completion.
- Must have excellent time management skills for working within deadlines.
- Ability to follow through and complete tasks in their entirety.
- Creative thinking ability that allows for identifying solutions for improving workflows while maintaining the necessary control framework.
- Must have ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be flexible and adapt to changes priorities and workflow.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in communications, marketing or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience and proven expertise in market analysis, marketing and public relations plan development, the creation of effective advertising strategies, ad design and content, internet marketing, website management, social media posting, media buying for written, television and radio advertising, creating press releases.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising.
This position will manage any employees of the department and will be responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required in order to attend or participate in events and special occasions as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
We are an award-winning, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. At Optima Bank & Trust you’ll find a culture that promotes individual growth and teamwork while keeping focused on how to best serve our customers.
Optima Bank & Trust offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package including; health, dental, life, disability, 401(k), paid time off, an employee assistance program and paid holidays.
We invite you to find out just how different employment can be when you work at Optima Bank & Trust.
Optima Bank & Trust does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, Veteran's status or national origin.