Ogunquit Playhouse Arts Academy Teaching Artists
OGUNQUIT PLAYHOUSE ARTS ACADEMY TEACHING ARTISTS
Ogunquit Playhouse Arts Academy is seeking Teaching Artists for their 2023 Summer programming. Specifically looking for local (Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts) professionals. The Ogunquit Playhouse Arts Academy dedicates itself to the continuing development of programming that will both teach and inspire youth looking to follow a path in the Arts. This is a paid position.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT
- Contractual Obligation
- Arrival/Pre-Season Staff Training/Season Pre-Pro
Monday, June 12, 2023 through Friday, June 16, 2023
- Summer Session/Students begin.
Monday, June 12, 2023 through Friday, August 25, 2023
- Departure/Post-Season Wrap-up
Monday, August 28, 2023 through Friday, September 1, 2023
All positions are paid a weekly salary of $864.00 per week. The Arts Academy operates within the model of the Ogunquit Playhouse Main Stage with a 5-6 day, 40-45-hour work week. All efforts will be made to have weekends free, except for Academy and Jr. Players show weekends. All positions report to the Education Director, Joyce A. Presutti, and Associate Education Director.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or professional training/experience in the performing arts
- Experience working with students ages 5-18 representing a diverse population while being able to cater to a wide range of abilities
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- If local, must have reliable transportation and local housing
- Theatre experience in a Teaching Artist capacity, or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multitask
- Energetic person who is able to thrive in a demanding environment
- Execute a top-notch, first class show in keeping with the Ogunquit Playhouse Brand supported by a team of professionals
- Possess the ability to direct large groups of children in a fun and engaging manner
- Attend meetings before rehearsals with the staff when scheduled
- Greeting students upon arrival for all rehearsals/performances/workshops
- Checking in students in accordance with protocol set forth by the Education Director and Associate Education Director
- Checking students out and releasing them to an approved parent and/or guardian in accordance with protocol set forth by the Education Director and Associate Education Director after all daily rehearsals/performances/workshops are complete
- Participate in all Load-Ins and Load-Outs as scheduled by the Arts Academy Stage Management team, Main Stage Staff and the Education and Associate Education Directors
- Collaborate and work with Directors/Choreographers/Stage Management and Arts Academy Staff, including, but not limited to, assisting in the creative process of the Rising Stars and Center Stage programs and assisting in Arts Academy props, costumes and sound departments as needed
- Visit http://www.ogunquitplayhouse.org/education for information about Summer Programs.
Please send an introductory email with summer availability, include a PDF attachment only of your resume, references, and cover letter to Joyce A. Presutti, Education Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place Summer Teaching Artist in the subject line. If you have a website and would like to include it, please send a link in the introductory email, this should not replace the required PDF as requested above. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Ogunquit Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to promoting the growth of a diverse and inclusive workplace. For our full Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility statement please visit our website: http://www.ogunquitplayhouse.org/about-us
All staff in response to the COVID-19 pandemic has adopted a “Get Vaccinated” policy effective October 1, 2021. This will require you demonstrate evidence of full vaccination upon hire. Staff must also agree to regular testing as set by our COVID compliance officer.
Ogunquit PlayhouseJoyce A. Presutti