Director of Mortgage Operatons
HRCU is a community credit union providing top notch service to our members and making a difference to our communities. We are Better, Not Bigger Banking. We believe in empowering our associates, providing an opportunity to thrive and make a career here at HRCU.
You already know how to stand out in the mortgage industry - now it's time to use your expertise to operate a top-tier mortgage team. As the Director of Mortgage Operations, you understand the systems used and the processes needed for the entire mortgage loan life cycle, meet all regulatory requirements, and can build a talented team with a passion for mortgages who will deliver excellent service to our members.
Reports directly to Senior VP of Lending.
Responsible for the daily oversight of mortgage operations which include but are not limited to:
- Monitor loan processing and underwriting by ensuring loans are processed and underwritten in a timely and accurate manner, following established policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations such as TILA, RESPA, HMDA, etc.
- Prepare, deliver, and monitor loans sold to secondary markets/aggregators FHLB/FNMA, etc.
- Manage loan pipelines to ensure loans are moving and closed on time, and that members are kept informed throughout the loan process.
- Help write and update underwriting, Quality Control, and other lending policies and procedures.
- Stay current with industry changes such as regulation/lending requirements.
- Analyze the current team structure and make necessary recommendations and adjustments to ensure the team is in the best position in order to operate a top-notch mortgage program.
- Build a strong team through one-on-ones, training, and proactive development plans.
- Collaborate with Mortgage Originations Manager to ensure a seamless mortgage program from application to delivery for our members and/or business partners.
A hybrid work schedule may be available. Full-time onsite for at least the first 60-90 days.
- Education: A four-year college degree in a related field and/or proven competency of equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of similar or related experience.
- Proven experience in managing a growing lending staff.
- Must have extensive knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics, and complying with all Federal and State compliance policies.
- Secondary market originating/service experience required.
- FHLB, Franklin American, Members Mortgage, NH Housing experience a plus!
- Encompass and DU experience a plus.
- Must be able to obtain an NMLS License.
- Resume and cover letter required. Submissions managed through Paylocity.
- No phone calls please.
- Direct hire – no recruiter or agency inquires please.
What we offer:
HRCU recognizes the importance of benefits that provide financial security for our employees and their families and is committed to providing a competitive benefits package to eligible employees. Our best-in-class benefits include:
- Vacation Days
- Birthday off
- Personal Day
- Sick Days
- 11 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Insurance – medical, dental and vision
- Flex Spending Plans & Health Savings Account with employer funding
- Company paid Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan (with a match of up to 6%)
- Professional Development