Seasonal Operations Manager
Seasonal Operations Manager
Prescott Park Arts Festival , a well-established and dynamic non-profit organization, is looking to hire a a Seasonal Operations Manager. This position will join the experienced, award-winning, fun and fast- paced team responsible for organizing this popular summer tradition that offers a diversity of performances from June to October each year. Events include weekly concerts, food and music festivals, national touring acts, film and a full production musical presentation, and more. Prescott Park Arts Festival has emerged as a cultural leader in the Seacoast, and reaches nearly
250,000 people through its events, all offered without fixed admission in Portsmouth’s beautiful downtown Prescott Park. The festival’s contribution to the local economy in show and visitor related spending has swelled to $8.5 million annually.
The Operations Manager calls for an energetic, dynamic and dedicated leader to oversee and support all aspects of the Festival operations with an emphasis on communications, site management and safety for the Prescott Park Arts Festival.
Working closely with the City of Portsmouth, the successful candidate will help direct and improve the organization’s operational efficiency, ensuring that events are consistently run-in accordance with local guidelines and laws. The right candidate will help improve current offerings, forge new relationships, nurture community outreach, and build upon PPAF’s reputation as a leader in the arts community.
The position will be balanced with a number of support roles including, but not limited to; food operations, special events, marketing, intern management, and administrative support – all executed in a team-orientated, creative environment.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Manager will work closely with all Festival staff to ensure that all goals and deadlines are reached.
Prescott Park Arts Festival is an equal opportunity employer.
• Oversee and manage operational systems and site needs to ensure organization runs safely and efficiently
• Develop and maintain all COVID-19 protocols for the safety of all personnel, artists and audience members
• Engage with various city departments as needed
• Ensure event facilities are properly prepared and secured
• Oversee and maintain site facilities
• Work with production and design team to manage and ensure timely, smooth and safe execution of all site-related production items (i.e. set construction)
• Assist with negotiation and management of agreements with vendors and subcontractors to ensure responsible cost and highest quality of service
• Inventory, maintain, and secure all festival equipment and supplies.
• Oversee volunteer coordination, recruitment, and development
• Provide general administrative support and customer service
• Detail-orientated, team-player able to work under multiple deadlines
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Proven success and experience in leading event teams
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
• COVID Protocols training, Crowd Management Training or other comparable safety certification
• Experience with state and local guidelines and codes related to food, construction, etc
• Performance arts experience a plus
• Square Point of Sale system knowledge (or other POS)
Prescott Park Arts Festival is deeply committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, local Indigenous, people of color and people with intersecting identities including
LGBTQIA+, women and non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.
HOW TO APPLY:
This seasonal, salaried position is open immediately. Applications should consist of a cover letter, resume, 3 references, sample of events-related work, and salary requirement. No phone calls, please.